Instructions and Procedure for submission of Online
Application Form for Merchant Navy Talent Hunt Entrance Exam (2021)
MNTHE – 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Since Merchant Navy courses are offered under UG, PG, Diploma and Certificate levels, the eligibility criteria for different courses vary. Here are some common requirements for Merchant Navy courses for different levels.
- Qualification: Minimum 10th passed from a recognized board.
Medical Requirement: Candidates should be physically fit for sea service under STCW 2010 norms and medical rule 2000 and all its amendment as applicable to seafarers.
Eyesight: 6/6 Vision with no colour blindness. No speech impairment (disorder). Every trainee will have to undergo and produce a Medical Fitness certificate issued by Company DG Shipping approved Doctor.
Minimum Height: 147 Cms.
Minimum Weight: 40 kgs.
Age: 17½ – 25 Years, 27 Years for candidates holding degree or diploma and 30 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category on the date of course commencement.
Important Instructions For Merchant Navy Talent Hunt Examination – 2021
- Selected candidates will be required to undergo Pre-sea training course and basic modular courses at our associate collegeDirectorate General Shipping, Mumbai Govt. of India.
- Any candidate found using unfair means or having made false representations, will be disqualified immediately.
- The eyesight and medical standards in this career are quite strict.
- If selected for the Merchant Navy program, after the Online Test the candidate will have to undergo a medical test and Counselling, the cost of which (approximate Rs.3500/-) will have to be paid by the candidate.
- Online test for eligible candidates will be held at a candidate location (Dates of online test and login credentials will be communicated to shortlisted candidates through email). Fees for online test will be approximately Rs.200/-
- Candidates Can Also Give the Exam offline, Preference can be selected at a time of Form Fill up (Kindly note offline Exam Shall be either in Vashi or else Pune).
- Based on the performance in the online test, if you are shortlisted for Medical Test :
- a) All expenses incurred by way of traveling, boarding, lodging, etc during the selection procedure will have to be borne by the candidate.
- b) Please bring original mark-sheets of the 10th or 12th Class (10+2) Board Exams or Degree / Diploma Certificate. Appearing candidate are eligible to apply for the Merchant Navy Talent Hunt Examination
- The selection criteria and selection process are at the sole discretion of Varren Maritime Academy Foundation.
Kindly Note : Offline Location Shall be Either Pune or Else Navi Mumbai. (Due to pandemic Situation candidates are advised to prefer for the online exam)
About the Online Entrance Test
MERCHANT NAVY TALENT HUNT EXAM. online entrance exam will be a 2 hours online exam, syllabus for which is listed in the table below. The cut off marks shall be communicated to you through email at a time of online test along with the online test login credentials. Our Online Test Partner is “Varren Maritime Academy”.
All Questions are MCQ Based